Alyssa’s Kitchen Terms & Conditions
Deposit, cancellation, and refund policy
- All quotes / estimates are valid for two weeks from quote / estimate issue. After this time, you may need to obtain a new quote
- Upon basic size and design constructs of your cake being finalised, if your booking is more than 4 weeks in advance, a 50% non-refundable deposit will be required. Until this is received, I cannot guarantee that your date will remain available.
- Your payment reserves your event date, your booking.
- If the cake is requested within 7 days, full payment is required immediately, and confirmation of payment is required to be sent via text and / or email to Alyssa’s Kitchen’s email address email@example.com
- The balance of the quote is due in full no later than 7 days prior to the date your cake is required, or 4 weeks in the case of wedding cakes.
- Our method of payment is via cash or direct deposit.
- Failure to make payments by the due date MAY result in your order being cancelled; please contact me ASAP to discuss any problems/ possible late payment issues.
In the event of cancellation with more than 7 days’ notice
- All requests for cancellation must be made in writing.
- If for any reason you need to postpone your event, please contact Alyssa immediately. Your new date may or may not be available, but Alyssa’s Kitchen will try to accommodate you wherever possible. If the new date of your event is available, all monies paid will be transferred to the new date without penalty. If the new date is unavailable, please see the below cancellation policy.
If you need to cancel your order, the refund policy is as follows:
- Cash refunds are not given. A credit voucher will be issued for all monies paid over and above the non-refundable 50% deposit. Credit vouchers are valid for 12 months from your original event date and can be used toward new or existing orders (not valid for use toward booking deposits.
If for some reason Alyssa’s Kitchen is unable to fulfil your order due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g., accident or illness), your deposit will be refunded in full, and Alyssa’s Kitchen will endeavour to assist you in finding an alternative decorator to complete your order.
In the event of cancellation with less than 7 days’ notice
- The full amount of your cake is payable. No refund or credit will be given.
- Alyssa’s Kitchen recognises that there are lots of last-minute changes occurring outside of our control due to lockdown decisions made by the Government. Alyssa’s Kitchen will offer one date change with no penalty to a new date if a lockdown is imposed, with no less than 5 days’ notice required of the cancellation.
- If cancellation is made within 5 days of the event date full payment is required as per the normal terms and conditions as baking of the cakes will have been completed, items will have been purchased to complete your order and decorating may have commenced.
- If a cancellation must be made for the rescheduled date the full amount of the cake shall remain payable per the original terms and conditions.
Design and flavour changes
- inor changes to the design will be accepted after a deposit is received up to 4 weeks prior to your event.
- Flavour changes will be accepted up to 2 weeks prior to your event, however this is at Alyssa’s Kitchen’s discretion, and is subject to availability.
- Any changes of size, style, or flavour of the cake must be notified at least two weeks prior to final payment and may incur additional charges. Should the design change, Alyssa’s Kitchen will endeavour to accommodate your changes, however, Alyssa’s Kitchen does reserve the right to amend the quote accordingly (where applicable) to reflect the changes required.
- Any changes to the original order are subject to viability and quote review.
- Date changes must be submitted in writing and the new date is subject to availability.
- Any errors, corrections or updates to your order must be submitted in writing. Your amended order will then be reissued for your records.
- Whilst all care is taken to complete your order as specified – factors including but not limited to weather and supply availability MAY result in design changes. Design changes are at Alyssa’s Kitchen’s discretion. All cake designs are subject to artistic license and should Alyssa’s Kitchen need to make such changes no further correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event that an agreement is not reached on changes to the revised quote, the normal cancellation procedure is applicable.
Allergies and contamination
- Whilst every precaution is made Alyssa’s Kitchen will not be responsible for any allergy related issues.
- Unless it is specified otherwise on your order, all products may contain or come into contact with dairy, wheat, nuts, soy and other allergens. It is the client’s responsibility to inform their guests of any risks.
- If fresh flowers are provided by an outside source, you acknowledge that the fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt or other contaminants.
Setup and delivery
- etup and delivery is available for some cakes.
- vailable delivery is upon Alyssa’s Kitchen discretion; charges for delivery will apply and will be subject to location of the venue.
- Delivery charges applied are the same as Uber Eats rates.
- Easy access to the venue needs to be available e.g. close parking, lift access to higher levels.
- You are welcome to collect your cake, Monday to Sunday by arrangement, to be in writing.
- Iff you or your representative elects to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all responsibility and liability for the handling of the cake once it leaves Alyssa’s Kitchen’s possession.
- Whilst all due care is taken when boxing your cake, cakes transported by you are done so at your own risk.
- Where cakes are covered in fondant (or have sugar paste flowers or figurines), these should not be refrigerated as this may cause the icing to sweat from condensation.
- Storage of these items should be in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight and away from any heat.
- Buttercream cakes can be stored in a refrigerator however they can be stored in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight and away from any heat.
- Alyssa’s Kitchen is not responsible for any damage to the cake / sugar craft decorations after delivery or pick up has been completed. You are responsible for providing appropriate and secure table and a suitable environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal room temperature of less than 24 degrees. Fondant cakes cannot be refrigerated, as this will cause sweating of the fondant.
- Alyssa’s Kitchen cannot be held responsible for any damage to the cake or products once they are delivered and in the care of a client or the venue. Where a client elects to self-transport, we are not responsible for any damage caused during transportation.
- Alyssa’s Kitchen reserves the right to use any photos we take of your creation for media related activities such as publishing on our website, social media or advertising.
- By placing an order and paying the non-refundable deposit, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out above